Saturday, March 23, 2013

Day 7 - Rest Day

Rest day and much needed.  I feel a lttle guilty for needing a rest day when I am on the most relaxed and cool vacation ever. But I really felt the effects of pushing my body over the past couple of weeks and so I took today off from the Ashtanga practice.

It is an interesting experience for me to 'take a day off".  I am a little scared that by not practicing a day then maybe I'll lose my momentum, maybe the discipline will be gone.  I am sure it isn't the case, but it was interesting to notice.

I took the day off from yoga but not from surfing.  It was an amazing day.  There was a swell so big that the local instructor wasn't sure I should go out.  But we talked about it and decided I would give it a try.  I am super glad I did, because the waves were awesome.  I felt strong and good and free surfing the Costa Rican waves today.

I look forward to getting back on the mat tomorrow.  I will sleep early and rise early for a deep long practice. Surfing isn't until 11am so I'll have plenty of time to give the practice my all.

No comments:

Post a Comment